Thursday, January 24, 2013

Simple Blueberry Banana Egg Muffins


When I first started eating Paleo I would make a Blueberry Banana Scramble for a quick, sweet breakfast.  This morning I became curious to see how they would turn out as muffins.  They turned out wonderfully! I wasn't planning on writing a post about them because they are so simple, but they received so much feedback on Instagram I decided I should give them a little bit more love.

Blueberry Banana Egg Muffins
Makes 12 mini muffins

Ingredients: blueberries, banana, macadamia nuts {optional}, and eggs

 Blend together:
• 2 eggs
• 1 banana

Add and mix by hand:
• a handful of blueberries
{optional: a small handful of cacao nibs. I added them to half.  
It adds a crunch and a mild chocolately flavor}

Pour into a coconut oiled {or buttered} mini muffin tin

Sprinkle with:
• 1 finely chopped macadamia nut

Place in the toaster oven {or oven} at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until cooked through.  I broiled mine for 2-3 minutes at the end to get the tops nice and golden.   

Let them cool down for a minute to be able remove them easier. Then stack them and take a photo. Opps! I mean eat them before they get cold :)


Quotes from those who have tried this recipe 

~Just made these and they were AMAZING!! Thanks for the great recipe ~

~ She's a genius! No joke! These bad boys are 3 ingredients!! ... The taste is amazing!!! It reminded me of a Mexican dessert called: Capirotada! It's like a dream come true!  ~

~ It was yummy! My daughter liked them and that says a lot! ~

~ Super easy to make... Omg. You recipes are AAAAAmazing! ~

~ The teensiest tastiest paleo mini muffins! ~

~ I just made the blueberry banana egg muffins and they came out delicious. ❤ the recipe ~

~Just made these and they taste amazing!!  ~

~Just made these for breakfast! They're delish and filling ~

~ They are so tasty and easy, great recipe!! ~

~ Seriously the most AMAZING muffins ever!! And the easiest thing to make... I'll be making this ALL THE TIME... [your] recipes are unbelievably delicious ~


This post is a part of: